Sunday, May 9, 2010

Apple sucks, and therefore you get re-runs.



I know I haven't posted in a while, but I swear I'll be back soon, once I get my new computer. The old one (r.i.p) was dropped, and no longer has a working screen or cd-r, and since macs are expensive to replace ($789 for a three year old computer), it seemed smarter to just get a new computer and transfer over all my files.
Here's where the fun comes in.

After waiting a few days, I get my new macbook pro. I start it up, super excited, and as soon as it turns on, the whole right side f the screen turns to static. I call the mac tech support line who tell me to go into Manhattan and get it repaired. The Apple store in Manhattan argues about my warranty, and then advises me to just send it back for a new one anyway.

I call the tech support line again. They e-mail me the expedited shipping slips and tell me that once they receive the broken one they sent me, the new one would be shipped with two-day shipping. I send it off, and expect to see the new one in a few days.

A few days later I check the apple orders tracker, and it says the got my computer and the new one should arrive tomorrow. Three days later, it hasn't arrived.

I call tech support again. The guy tells me that they haven't received my computer. I ask why their website says it's received and the new one is already in shipping, and he yells at me that the site is wrong, and it's either my fault, or fedex's.

I check fedex, which says the package was signed for days ago, and call apple back. This time I ask for a manager, who explains that they accidentally entered my order as a refund, not a replacement, and therefore my computer wasn't shipped. Why it says it's being shipped online, and why the purchase hasn't shown up as refunded on the credit card is a mystery. The solution, is that I buy a second computer (minus $100 for the inconvenience), and wait for the last one show up as refunded. So as of now, I have a new computer on the way (and hopefully that refund for the last one, because I don't want to have to call them again) and once that comes, music will be posted.

Till then, I will do some re-runs from my first post, if only so CaptainCrawl can index them.

No comments:

Post a Comment